THE NATL WEATHER SVC IN SPOKANE HAS ISSUED AN AIR STAGNATION ADVISORY

THIS ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM PST SUNDAY.

STRONG HIGH PRESSURE AT THE SURFACE & ALOFT WILL SIT OVER THE INLAND NW INTO THE WEEKEND. THIS WILL CREATE A PERSISTENT LOW LEVEL INVERSION & LIGHT WINDS. THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT THESE CONDITIONS WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THANKSGIVING.

AN AIR STAGNATION ADVISORY INDICATES THAT DUE TO LIMITED MOVEMENT OF AN AIR MASS ACROSS THE ADVISORY AREA.  POLLUTION WILL INCREASE TO DANGEROUS LEVELS.  PERSONS WITH RESPIRATORY ILLNESS SHOULD FOLLOW THEIR PHYSICIANS ADVICE FOR DEALING WITH HIGHER LEVELS OF AIR POLLUTION.

Jeannie Blue Brandt
Agricultural and Outdoor Burning Unit
Ecology Eastern Region Air Quality Program
4601 N. Monroe
Spokane, WA 99205
Phone: (509) 329-3497
Fax:     (509) 329-3529
Agricultural Burn home page http://www.ecy.wa.gov/programs/air/aginfo/agricultural_homepage.htm
Outdoor burn/Woodsmoke Home Page http://www.ecy.wa.gov/programs/air/outdoor_woodsmoke/outdoor_burning.htm

"The older I get, the more convinced I am that the space between communicating human beings can be hallowed ground."__ Mr.Rogers__